Monday, November 23, 2009

YOUR DUTY

I was sitting behind a girl yesterday who had a loose hair on her shirt. With my ninja-like skills, I gently removed it without her noticing. I then glanced over at the boy next to her and saw he had a string on the back pocket of his pants. Not sure if that was appropriate for me to remove for him, I dared the girl next to me (who was actually closer to him) to grab it off. I mean she'd be doing him a favor after all. She declined. Then I felt bad letting him walk around possibly for the rest of the day with a white string attached to his black pants.

I absolutely DO NOT find it creepy when someone grabs a fuzz off my shirt, tucks in my tag, or tells me I stuffed my skirt into my pantyhose when I leave the bathroom. In fact, I expect people to tell me if they notice any of those to avoid embarrassment for myself.

OK everybody reading this blog, promise me this...

Raise your right hand and repeat after me (come on...do it...even if you're a dude):
I, (state your name), promise to do my best to do my duty to help other people, whenever and wherever I may see fit, to aid them in looking their best and avoid any potential clothing disasters.
Done and done. Duty served.

4 comments:

Dan Liddiard said...

You are such a funny Girl! Love you Deanna!

Kara said...

I totally agree. And I even think you're funny.

Supercords said...

I've been plucky stray hairs off sweaters in front of me at church for years. My OCD won't let me stop.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Promise.